What is CRT?
Why is it harmful to the children in our community as a whole?
● CRT is promoted as “anti-racist” civil rights education.
● At its core, CRT segregates people into two main categories: oppressors or victims. The calculation is based solely on skin color.
● Children are being taught that they are actively engaging in racism in every aspect of their life.
● Makes children fixate on race.
● Makes children feel collective guilt.
● Toxicity of being born white
● Implies to children that white people only give black people opportunities and freedoms when it is also in their own interests.
● Children must behave the same in the collective as “Other People Matter” just not them. And there are only “socially constructed groups,” so there are no individuals in CRT
● Believes science, reason, and evidence are a “white” way of knowing and that storytelling and lived experience are a “black” alternative, which hurts everyone, especially black people
● Rejects all potential alternatives, like colorblindness, as forms of racism, making itself the only allowable game in town (which is totalitarian)
● Acts like anyone who disagrees with it must do so for racist and white supremacist reasons, even if those people are black (which is also totalitarian)
● Cannot be satisfied, so it becomes a kind of activist black hole that threatens to destroy everything.